Answers to commonly asked questions can be found below. If the answer to your question is not provided, please use the further information form at the bottom of the page and your query will be answered.
- What does your school offer our child ?
- What are the school fees ?
- What is the procedure for enrolling my child ?
- Does the school charge an enrolment fee / enrolment deposit?
- Can non-Catholic children enroll?
- How much religion is taught within the curriculum?
- Is your school a private / independent school?
- What are your class sizes?
- Are the children taught another language other than English?
- Does your school teach music?
- What colours are your school uniform?
- Do you have before and after school care?
- Do you have a support teacher?
- Does your school offer any extra curricula activities?
- What if my question is not answered here?
What does your school offer our child?
St Kevin’s is a Catholic primary school from Prep to Year Six. The school’s population is approximately 550 students.
We have three classes in each year level. We employ two PE specialists, a Music specialist, a LOTE teacher, a Performing Arts specialist and an Information Technology Specialist. The cost of these specialists is met through the school fees.
What is the procedure for enrolling my child?
You can download the enrolment form from this website (see enrolment information).
Please complete the enrolment form and return to the school with the following documentation
- birth certificate
- baptism certificate
- evidence of Australian Citenzship, residency or current visa
- latest school report – (if applicable)
Please also include any other necessary documentation – medical reports / court orders etc.
Upon receipt of the enrolment form we will contact you to arrange an interview with the principal.
Does the school charge an enrolment fee?
Yes. An administration fee of $25.00 must accompany the Enrolment Application.
Does the school hold an enrolment bond?
An enrolment bond of $150.00 is required upon accepting the enrolment of their child or children at St Kevin’s School. The enrolment bond will then be credited to the first term school fees.
Please note the enrolment bond is non-refundable.
Can non-Catholic children enrol?
The school follows an enrolment criteria which is available to read on this web site in the enrolment section.
- Siblings of children already enrolled have first enrolment priority followed by
- Catholic children within the parish; then by
- Catholic children outside the parish and finally
- Children from other Christian faith traditions..
The principal makes the final decision regarding all matters of enrolment.
How much religion is taught within the curriculum?
Religious Education is taught both as one of the Key Learning Areas and also as an integral component of all school activities. The direct teaching component is approximately 30 minutes per day.
Is your school a private / independent school?
No. St Kevin’s is a Catholic primary school and is one of approximately 140 schools supported by the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
What are your class sizes?
This varies from class to class but most classes are between 25 – 30 students per class.
Are the children taught another language other than English?
Yes. French. Years 5-6
Does your school teach music?
Yes. We have a part-time music teacher and a strings music program in year 3.
Do you have before and after school care?
Morning begins 6:45am – 8:45am.
Afternoon begins 2:30pm – 6:00pm.
We also have vacation care - 7:00am – 6:00pm.
A 'Child Care Rebate' is available from Centrelink.
A $25.00 joining fee also applies upon enrolment.
These prices may change so please contact Jenny Walkerden on 07 5539 6608 for further information.
Do you have a support teacher?
Yes. The school has a full-time and a part-time Learning Support Teacher. (Support Teacher Inclusive Education - STIE)
Does your school offer any extra curricula activities?
Yes. External providers offer before, during and after school lessons.
- Piano lessons
- Dance classes
- Guitar tuition
- Chess Classes
- Art Classes
- Tennis Lessons
- Keyboard Lessons
Please contact school for a full list of current activities and provider contact information.
Further information, please contact the school during business hours - 07 5539 4522.