Brisbane Catholic Education has officially launched http://www.goprep.com.au, a website offering information on everything parents might want to know about sending their child to prep in the Catholic school system.
http://www.goprep.com.au is already receiving visitors seeking information, even before its appearance on radio advertisements. The site provides an easily remembered web address that acts as a gateway to information about the preparatory year.
The site answers many questions about the benefits of prep, how prep will work and how to determine if a child is ready for prep.
It also includes a school locator button that will help parents navigate to their nearest school and principal, including contact numbers.
http://www.goprep.com.au [this website is updated regularly] can also be accessed through the Brisbane Catholic Education website.
Prep year in Catholic schools offers:
- an exciting, fun inquiry and play-based curriculum
- specialized facilities and equipment
- qualified, dedicated teachers and committed support staff
- faith and values development
- close partnerships with parents, families and community
- commitment to the growth and development of the whole child - spirit, intellectually, physically, culturally, socially and emotionally
- a safe environment and caring community fostering the unique beauty of each child
integration within the wider school community enabling a smooth transition to Year 1 and beyond.
Who is eligible for Prep?
In line with criteria set by the Queensland Government, to be eligible to enrol in the non-compulsory preparatory year in 2008, a child should be born between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2003.
||Eligible for Prep Year in
||Eligible for Year 1 in
|1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006
|1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007
|1 July 2007 to 30 June 2008
Please download an Expression of Interest form and return to the school.